15.10.08

On Some Far Away Beach

Music is food for the brain. The rhythm is in our soul as we dance our lives.

I've rediscovered Brian Eno after many many years without him. Thanks to bittorrent I now have a copy of "Here Come the Warm Jets" (I did own it once on vinyl so it's not really stealing) which is being played over and over again.
I just have to share these lyrics from "On Some Far Away Beach".

Given the chance
I'll die like a baby
On some faraway beach
When the season's over

Unlikely I'll be remembered
As the tide brushes sand in my eyes
I'll drift away

Cast up on a plateau
With only one memory
A silver sail on a boat
Oh lie low lie low lie low.

1 comment:

sarah toa said...

Hey spencer! For a lowdown on Brian Eno check out Jay's community radio session this saturday I think. Shark is doing an Eno spesh.Vinyl.