13.1.09

Bob

For the full story you need to read Sarah Toa's wonderful piece about our wonderful friend.

Bob played bass with Irish, Greedy and myself every Thursday night for 5 years, he was our mentor, our teacher, our supplier of freshly cooked loaves of bread, our friend.
This photo was taken at Bob's last session with us about a month before he died. It was the last time I saw him stand up, the last time I saw him play bass, the last time I really spoke to him before the pain and the cancer took him away. That night I couldn't read the music through my tears.



RIP Bob Howard.

5 comments:

sarah toa said...

ohhh tears just keep on comin'. I had a moment last night. Sometimes I just miss him so much.
Reading his blog all over again last night...must be the full moon or maybe he's dropping in occasionally, I dunno. Hits you like the side of a house hey? x

Dr Mad Fish said...

To me Bob was one of those great characters who orbited my reality, on the outskirts. I was only just starting to get to know him better when he became very ill. Maybe next time I will get to know him better.

Spencer Collins said...

Thanks for your comments Sarah and Michelle. Bob was just fucken awesome, we have called our new band "Bob's Used Cars" in his honour.

Dr Mad Fish said...

I reckon he would love the title of your new band. And might just be listening.

Spencer Collins said...

Photo credits go out to Queenie.