11.5.09

Spencer Gets a Homepage

I've Started a web page on bytehost7.com. They are a free web server. I'm not sure how good they are yet, if anyone has heard of them or even if you know of a better free service please let me know.

My primary reason for the website is to mirror Bob Howard's site as I don't know how long Omninet will keep it up for. Bobs Omninet site can be found here.

Presently I have only copied over his homepage, but I have put up some nice fish pictures which were painted in Albany by Robert Neil in 1840.

You can see my website here. There isn't much happening in the way of design or content, but hey I only started compiling it half an hour ago :)

Sarah, I only have 20 fish pictures, do you have any more?

4 comments:

Growling Gecko said...

I have been using http://www.110mb.com as a free hosting service for a year or so now and they have been excellent.
http://www.ramsnake.com

Spencer Collins said...

Hi Robin, I had a look at 110mb.com and they seem very good except you have to pay to FTP? so I think I will stick with bytehost7.com for now.

ramsnake said...

No you don't. It is free to get your files up there and there are plenty of free FTP apps if you prefer to do it that way.

Spencer Collins said...

Is that so? I must have read it wrong. I'd much rather use FTP than their web based file manager.
Was your domain name free as well?